When it comes to drinking, everything seems like a good idea at the time. But then you wake up the next day feeling like you got hit by a bus and then run over again by that same one. This is how I felt Sunday morning. It all started with some good intentions on Saturday afternoon; get together with the SATS’ ladies, have some vino and go out dancing. However, I woke up Sunday morning with my head pounding, room hot like a sauna and mouth dry as the Sahara. I vowed to never drink again. Ya right. I needed water and Advil stat. Well, that didn’t help much. Coffee and eating didn’t make it better either. So, it got me thinking how does one cure a hangover? Is it really possible? I did a little digging and discovered that yes, it is. You’re welcome.
Here is a list of recommendations to help that kill that nasty hangover:
1. Go bananas - Bananas have lots of potassium, which is what your body needs when you are drinking. Having a banana will give you some energy that can help you get off the couch and have a much-needed shower.
2. Feeling a little green? – Ginger is known to soothe tummy troubles so drink some ginger ale or make some ginger tea.
3. Quench dry cotton mouth – Sport drinks are a good way to replace fluids as well as electrolyte and glucose. Also, make sure to drink lots of water to ward off that headache. Rehydrating the body will help with curing that hangover a little faster.
4. Don’t sweat it - Cool down with some ice. Place crushed iced in a plastic bag, wrap in a dry towel and apply it to where it hurts. Or you can wet a wash cloth and follow the same steps.
5. Hair of the dog - If all else fails and you need a quick hangover fix, fix yourself a ceaser for breakfast. I won’t tell!
What are some things you have tried that have helped you cure a hangover? What worked and what didn’t?
Livin’ on the edge,