With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, the pressure is now on to plan a date that will impress your sweetheart. While it used to be that you had to travel to the big city for a romantic evening, that is no longer the case. The Fraser Valley is filled to the brim with plenty of gourmet restaurants, quaint coffee shops, beautiful parks, lively entertainment and much more.
For those who aren’t sure where the romantic hot spots are, Sex and the Suburb has got your back. Check out the first installment of our three-part series on what’s going on for Feb. 14th this side of the Fraser River:
They say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, which is equally true for most women out there as well… Right Kendall and T? With that being said, here are a handful of dining hotspots sure to delight those who are hungry for romance.
- Restaurant 62 – This award-winning restaurant, located at 2001 McCallum Rd. in Abbotsford, is certainly worth the trek deep into the Fraser Valley. From inspiring local fare that’s sure to delight the senses to an extensive wine list, it’s no wonder Restaurant 62 is considered one of the top dining destinations in the Fraser Valley. For reservations, call 604-855-3545.
- Ignite Cafe – It’s easy to pass by this little gem of a restaurant in Langley City at 5572 204 St., without giving it a second glance, however it’s definitely worth checking out. And don’t let the casual atmosphere fool you, Ignite Cafe serves up a variety of decadent dishes — fare that you’d be hard-pressed to find at any chain restaurant. Call 604-724-8670.
- Beatniks Bistro – If you haven’t check out the Beatniks Bistro, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to give it a try. This charming restaurant, located at 9194 Glover Rd. in Fort Langley, is offering an intimate dinner & live music for V-Day. Reservations are highly recommended. Call 604-888-4487.
- Seasonal 56 – Seasonal 56, located at 201 26730 56 Ave. in Langley, was created to promote and feature the Fraser Valley’s vast bounty in a relaxed, unpretentious environment with friendly and knowledgeable service staff. For reservations, call 604-625-5601.
- Tap Restaurant – While the popular South Surrey restaurant may be small in size, it’s certainly big on flavour and style. Located at 101 – 15350 34 Ave., Tap Restaurant will be cooking up a special V-Day menu using a variety of fresh, locally grown ingredients. The contemporary, yet comfortable dining room, offers an intimate setting, romantic setting that’s sure to get you in the mood for love. Call 604-536-1954.
- The Fat Cow & Oyster Bar - Hungry for love? Oysters are said to be one of the top aphrodisiacs, which makes The Fat Cow & Oyster Bar in Langley a great choice for dining with your significant other this V-Day. The new dining establishment, located at 20178 96 Ave., is offering a V-Day tasting menu for $34.50 per person.
- Washington Avenue Grill – This White Rock restaurant has all the right ingredients for the perfect V-Day: live music, dancing, panoramic ocean views, romantic atmosphere and great food. For reservations to the Washington Avenue Grill, call 604-541-4244.
Are there any dining destinations in the Fraser Valley that we’ve missed? We’d love to hear your recommendations! Or, submit your V-Day event to our Events Calendar.
Whole Lotta Love,